Oh…my much neglected blog! I’m not going to try to explain why I’ve been too busy to update, but I’ll post some lovely photos of what I’ve been up to.
Plenty of food preservation! This year I tried a couple of new versions of pickled beets: Red beets with fennel in a sweet red wine vinegar brine, and a golden beet pickled with white vinegar, rosemary, lavender, and gin! Super yum!
I taught lots of classes at Whatcom Community College:
I wrote and published a pattern for a hat that I would actually wear on my very own head. EVERYONE looks good in this hat. You can find it here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ginevra-cloche
And of course, there is always the yarn. Lots and lots of yarn.
Presently, I’m gearing up for some exciting events. KnitFit! happens in Seattle Nov 2nd and 3d (http://www.knitfit.info), I’m home for a few days and then off to San Francisco for the Celebration of Craftswomen event (http://womensbuilding.org/craftsfair/?page_id=8) on Nov 9th, 10th, and 11th. I’ll be back in town for a couple of weeks and am hoping to be at the Bellingham Farmer’s Market on the 16th, 23rd, and 30th…then to Seattle to Urban Craft Uprising on Dec 7th and 8th (www.urbancraftuprising.com) and Portland the next weekend Dec 14th and 15th for Crafty Wonderland (www.craftywonderland.com).
I’d love to see friendly faces, so please do stop by for a visit if you happen to make it to any of those events. And since there are so many events coming up, don’t forget to shop early for the best selection: yarnarchy or hair fascinators, bloomers, knit items at wickedwench or Waldorf dolls at willowborn
I do have a great big sale coming up, and my annual drawing as well (you don’t even have to buy anything to enter!)
- November 28th –Dec 1st SALE-free US shipping from all three of my Etsy shops. For international customers, I will subtract and refund the cost of US shipping from your order.
- Additionally, you may use a coupon code for 10% off nearly everything in the store-no discount on bulk pricing listings or membership/yarn clubs or gift certificates. This coupon is good in all three of my Etsy shops. With free shipping and 10% off, this is my largest sale of 2013. The coupon code is: BUYNOTHINGBUTETSY
- I will still be offering my Buy 6 Get 1 Free promotion, and the coupon code may be used for that as well but only from the 28th-1st! This only happens once a year!!!
- For those of you shopping other times throughout the month, please feel free to use this coupon code for free shipping: WINTERSHIPPING
- Drawings! I like to offer some customer appreciation around this time of year—with each Etsy order, new blog subscriber, new Facebook follower, or new Ravelry project through Dec 15th, your name will be entered into a drawing. I’ll be giving away three $25 gift certificates on Dec 16th.
- Speaking of gift certificates, I can offer them in any dollar amount. These make fabulous gifts, as do my yarn club membership packages. You may want to add these to your holiday wish or gift giving list!
- SHOP EARLY FOR THE BEST SELECTION! I have SO many upcoming events, don’t wait until the last moment!